Battle Styles Expansion!
Battle Styles is the name given to the fifth main expansion of the Sword & Shield Series of the Pokémon Trading Card Game. In Japan, it was released as the Single Strike Master · Rapid Strike Master dual sets that make up the fifth expansion block in the Pokémon Card Game Sword & Shield Era. It is based on Pokémon Sword and Shield and The Isle of Armor Expansion Pass, featuring Generation VIII Pokémon and the Wushu Pokémon Urshifu in both of its forms. The Japanese expansion was released on January 22, 2021, and an English expansion will be released on March 19, 2021.
The Battle Styles expansion is the first expansion to feature two new variants of cards: Single Strike and Rapid Strike. Single Strike cards deliver powerful, hard-hitting attacks that can Knock Out an opponent in a single blow. Rapid Strike cards use sneaky, and technical attacks.
Here's what else you can expect from the Sword & Shield—Battle Styles expansion coming out in booster packs, Elite Trainer Boxes, and special collections:
- 60 Battle Styles cards
- 12 Pokémon V and 16 full-art Pokémon V
- Six Pokémon VMAX
- 19 Trainer cards and six full-art Supporter cards
- Two Special Energy cards
Pokémon TCG Poké Ball Tin – Series 6
We are pleased to announce the new series of Poke Ball Tins have been announced! Returning are the Premier Ball, Great Ball and the Ultra Ball. A brand new edition to the series is the Level Ball, which is the only new ball design announced for this wave.
Each Pokémon TCG: Poké Ball Tin contains the following:
3 Pokémon TCG booster packs
1 Pokémon coin
Release Date = March 2021
Pokemon ‘Shining Fates’ named as February 2021 Special Set!
The Pokémon Company has announced the next boom series, Shining Fates, a popping shiny-themed expansion set for the Pokémon TCG set to start rolling out this coming February. This will be a hugely popular expansion with the hot combination of Charizard and holo type shiny cards.
Driven from the well-received Hidden Fates expansion from 2019 and the Shining Legends set, Shining Fates showcases "over 100 Shiny Pokémon on beautiful etched cards, including nine Shiny Pokémon V (30) and seven (7) Shiny Pokémon VMAX like the highly collectible Shiny Charizard in its Gigantamax form." The Pokemon Company also stated that the exapnsion "introduces three more Amazing Pokémon, each featuring a Legendary or Mythical Pokémon illustrated with vividly rainbow backgrounds that extend outside of the frame. Plus, with a total of more than 30 Pokémon V and Pokémon VMAX, Trainers will be able to play with fan-favourite competitive Pokémon TCG cards from the Sword & Shield Series."
Expansion Set Hot Products!
- 10 Pokémon TCG: Shining Fates booster packs
- 1 foil promo card featuring Eevee VMAX
- 65 card sleeves features Gigantamax Eevee
- 45 Pokémon TCG Energy cards
- A player’s guide to the Shining Fates expansion
- A Pokémon TCG rulebook
- 6 damage-counter dice
- 1 competition-legal coin-flip die
- 2 acrylic condition markers
- A collector’s box to hold everything, with 4 dividers to keep it organized
- A code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
Tins – Eldegoss V, Boltund V, or Cramorant V
- 1 of 3 foil cards featuring a Shiny Pokémon V: Eldegoss V, Boltund V or Cramorant V!
- 6 Pokémon TCG: Shining Fates booster packs
Mini Tins – Reshiram, Celebi, Kyogre, Manaphy, Zarude (March 2021)
- 2 Pokémon TCG: Shining Fates booster packs
- 1 metallic Pokémon coin
- A Pokémon art card showing the art from this Mini Tin—collect all 5!